Yes, another blog-a-thon! I’ve been reading a few of these questionnaires around the blogosphere, spearheaded by Alexander from Cinemaniac Reviews. I figure why not join in on the fun.
1. What’s your favorite movie?
Sense & Sensibility – my love for this film knows no bounds
2. Least favorite movie?
Ghost Rider – simply ghastly
3. Name one movie you loved upon initial viewing but eventually grew to hate (or vice-versa).
Conan The Destroyer. Used to LOVE it as a kid and would watch it endlessly… now I can’t imagine watching it again without cringing.
4. Name your biggest guilty pleasure film.
Roger Moore Bond movies, yes even Moonraker 🙂
5. Favorite quote from a favorite actor/actress (must be a line from a movie)?
…It is bewitching in the idea of one’s happiness entirely depending on one person.
– Elinor Dashwood, Sense & Sensibility
6. Favorite quote from a favorite actor/actress (must NOT be a line from a movie)?
I’d move to Los Angeles if Australia and New Zealand were swallowed up by a huge tidal wave, if there was a bubonic plague in England, and if the continent of Africa disappeared from some Martian attack.
– Russell Crowe
7. Three favorite movie scenes?
- Colonel Brandon’s entrance in Sense & Sensibility
- Christ giving Judah water scene in Ben-Hur
- Supes rescues Lois scene in Superman: The Movie
8. Four films that should NOT have won Best Picture?
- The Hurt Locker
- Shakespeare in Love
- American Beauty
9. Top five of the year (currently)?
10. Bottom three of the year (currently)?
11. What film gets your vote for the worst or most pointless remake?
That’s got to be Total Recall.
12. Is there any film you think is actually desperate for a remake?
I don’t know if there’s any film that’s desperate for a remake, but it’d be good to see a decent adaptation of Daredevil
13. Name your three favorite film heroes/heroines.
Maximus – Gladiator
Elinor Dashwood – Sense & Sensibility
Edward Fairfax Rochester – Jane Eyre
14. Name your three favorite film villains.
Hans Gruber – Die Hard
Neville Sinclair – The Rocketeer
The Joker – The Dark Knight
15. Best sequel?
Tossup between Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade and Toy Story 3
16. Worst sequel?
Batman & Robin [Same answer for Worst Superhero Movie]
17. Best trilogy?
I’m torn between The Lord of the Rings and Toy Story trilogy, they can’t be more different from each other but each of the films are excellent in my opinion. The first three Bourne films would make my list, too.
18. Worst trilogy?
Fortunately I have not seen too many terrible trilogies, i.e. I skipped the third Matrix and Underworld movie.
19. What’s your favorite word to use in a movie review (if your film blog does not feature reviews, substitute “review” with “-related post”?)
Seems like I say ‘compelling‘ a lot in my reviews. I wish I had more opportunities to use the word ‘discombobulated‘ more, I just LOVE that word! 🙂
20. Anything else?
Working on all these blog-a-thons just spark up an idea for a future blog-a-thon I’m hoping to assemble. Hope y’all would participate. Stay tuned!
Check out my fellow blog friends’ answers:
Well, hope you enjoy reading my answers 😀 Feel free to join in on the blog-a-thon fun!