Nothing like getting an award to bring a ray of sunshine to my day. I had just gotten back from my trip and was really exhausted when I got pinged on Twitter, so big THANK YOU Getter and Margaret for nominating me😀
As given, every award has a set of tiny rules for accepting it, here are the ones for Sunshine:Post the award on your blogThank the person who nominated youAnswer the 11 questions they sent youPick another 11 bloggers (and let them know they are nominated!)Send them 11 questions
I’m going to combine the two set of questions from the two ladies, so here we go…
Questions from Getter:
1. What was the last movie you saw and loved?
Well, I just saw The Light Between Oceans last night. It’s not a fun movie given the subject matter, but I love the poignant love story and of course it made me cry buckets. It’s wonderfully-directed, gorgeously-shot and expertly-acted… and the heartbreaking story lingered with me long after I saw it.
2. Name an actor, an actress and a director you would pair in a movie and what genre would it be?
Sam Riley + Naomie Harris in a romantic noir by Michael Mann.
3. Last song you listened to.
Great song by a Welsh band, and the video stars my current fave Welshman Aneurin Barnard!
4. Book to movie adaptation you would like to see happening in the near future?
I just finished this a couple of months ago. I’d LOVE to see The Daughter of Time adapted as a feature (or TV miniseries). The idea of Richard Armitage as the bed-ridden (ehm) inspector Grant sounds delish… and I soooo want Aneurin Barnard reprising his The White Queen role as Richard III in the flashback scenes.
5. From all the Chris’, which one do you prefer: Evans, Pine, Hemsworth or Pratt?
Though they’re all nice to look at, I don’t fancy any of them in terms of looks. But Chris Pratt has the best personality so I definitely pick him.
6. Name your 3 movie pet peeves.
- Rude people who uses their phone during a movie in a theater
- Predictable, cheesy plot you can spot a mile away
- Amazing actors being underutilized in movies [or not getting enough work!]
7. If you had to choose, what season would you live in forever?
Autumn. Especially in Minnesota with the gorgeous Fall colors!
8. Imagine your pet (or an imaginary pet) had an inner voice, which actors/actress’ voice would he/she have?
Sam Riley’s… in his native Yorkshire accent.
9. You had a really bad day, what book or movie will make you feel better?
Sense & Sensibility. Both the 1995 Ang Lee version and the 2008 BBC version.
10. If they were handing out superpowers based on your personality, what superpower would you want and what would you probably end up with?
Oh boy, that’d be a tough one! Well I have an obsessive streak in me & I’m an aspiring screenwriter, so I’d love to have a superpower where I have all the talent, clout & money in the world to make the films I want with the actors/filmmakers I want. What I’d end up with? Utter, massive disappointment that I’ll never get to do any of that😦
11. Sleep, Marry, Kill:
This is a tough one as I actually don’t fancy ANY of these people (except perhaps Hardy circa Inception), nor do I have strong negative feelings for.
Round 1: Joel Kinnaman, Ryan Reynolds, Dave Franco
Sleep: Reynolds | Marry: Kinnaman | Kill: Franco
Round 2: Jared Leto, Chris Evans, Orlando Bloom
Sleep: Leto | Marry: Evans | Kill: Bloom
Round 3: Paul Rudd, Tom Hardy, Michael Fassbender
Sleep: Fassbender | Marry: Hardy | Kill: none (I mean who could possibly kill Paul Rudd??)
Round 4: Choose between three guys you picked to marry from previous rounds
Marry: Chris Evans (he seems like the most *normal* one I can imagine living with)
Questions from Margaret:
1. Who would play you in a movie based on your life?
Hmmm, I’ve been asked this once before. There’s no Asian actress currently who looks even remotely like me, but hey, you always want someone 100 times prettier, smarter and wittier to play you in a movie right? In that case I picked Rashida Jones… [she’s also got a similar skin tone, height and age as me]😀
2. What is your favorite movie ending of all time?
The Dark Knight – Gordon’s speech narrating the scene + the music = absolutely perfect.
3. Who is your favorite cinematic Batman?
Wow, I hadn’t seen this question when I answered #2. So naturally… Christian Bale.
4. What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen?
I’ll go with a recent one that’ll stand to be a comedy classic: What We Do in The Shadows
5. Your sexiest movie character ever choice?
Even 65 years later, still tough to top Brando in Streetcar Named Desire [fanself]
6. What do you like most about our movie blogosphere?
The movie discussions & fangirl/boy-ing😀
7. What is your favorite movie blog?
Oh man, too many to mention…
8. Will Sati survive Blade Runner 2?
Ahah, that’s VERY questionable. I’ve advised her to take someone who knows CPR to the movie!
9. What is your most anticipated movie at the moment?
Not a movie, but BBC mini-series SS-GB!
10. What is the most under-seen movie you love?
Ahah, pretty much everything Sam Riley‘s been in is under-seen. But if I have to pick one, it’d be the Austrian western Das Finstere Tal (The Dark Valley) – review coming next week!
11.What movie character do you identify with?
Sense & Sensibility‘s Elinor Dashwood.
The 11 bloggers I’m nominating:
1. Michael – It Rains, You Get Wet
2. Cindy – Cindy Bruchman’s Blog
3. Vinnie – Vinnieh Blog
4. Steven – Surrender To The Void
5. Khalid – Blazing Reel
6. Eddie – Jaccendo
7. Anna – Movie Nut
8. The Vern – Video Vortex
10. Paul – Pfeiffer Pfilms and Meg Movies
11. Tiffany – Presents of the Past
Wish I could nominate more but hey fellow bloggers, if this meme strikes your fancy, feel free to take part!
My 11 questions to them:
- Who’s your favorite female filmmaker?
- Which actor/actress would you be willing to wait in line for say, 5 hours, to meet?
- If you could write ANY screenplay, what genre would it be? [Feel free to elaborate if you have a specific idea in mind already]
- Who’s your favorite male AND female film characters in the past decade?
- Same as above but for TV series/mini-series.
- What film genre you wish studios (Hollywood or otherwise) would make more of?
- Inspired by Dell’s recent Against the Crowd Blogathon, what critically-panned film you’d defend with a passion in the past decade?
- What movie you saw this year that surprised you in a big way [whether good or bad]?
- If you could have a single piece of clothing from any film, which one would you pick?
- If you could be James Corden for a day for one episode of Carpool Karaoke, which one musical artist (or actor if he/she is also a singer) would you invite?
- What’s your most reliable guilty pleasure movie?
Well that was fun! Hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about moi🙂