Last week, Novia at Novroz’s Favorite Things kindly tagged me for this lovely award. Thanks for thinking of me, Nov!
The Rules for the Award are:
- Thank the person who gave you this award
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Pass the award along to 15 who you have recently discovered and who you think fantastic for whatever reasons! (in no particular order)
- Contact the blogs you picked and let them know about the award.
So…here are 7 things about me:
(Nov, since I didn’t get to do the previous meme, I’m going to answer some of the questions here, so hit two birds with one stone, right?)
- My first movie-going experience is actually the same as Novroz, Superman II. I was also a toddler but I had an immediate crush on Christopher Reeve, never too young to spot a cutie, eh?🙂
- I don’t own many dvds, and I pretty much stopped buying them a year ago as we’re shopping for a Blu-Ray player later this year. I do have quite a few boxed sets: Lord of the Rings, Gladiator, X-Men, Ben Hur, Gone with the Wind, among others.
- I have a bunch of guilty pleasure movies, a few of which have been highlighted in this blog (here and here)
- This is probably no secret to most of you, but I have a penchant British or Aussie actors. If I see a movie and spot an unfamiliar face that caught my eye, most likely they hail from either one of those regions. Perhaps having Brit/Aussie ESL teachers growing up have something to do with it??
- Two Qs in One:
You’ve compiled a list of your top 100 movies. Which one didn’t make the cut? I haven’t compiled my list of Top 100 movies, but I might do that before year’s end. What movie posters are hanging in your room? Don’t have one now, but if I had to pick just one, I’d probably go with this German version of the Phantom of the Opera poster. Oh la la!
- The movies I compulsively watch over and over? My Desert Island DVDs post pretty much cover that.
- Though I’m from Indonesia, I never follow my home country’s film industry. In fact, I’ve only seen a handful of Indo movies (less than 10 in my entire life), and the best one of those is Ada Apa Dengan Cinta. The high school scene reminded me of the good ‘ol days, plus Nicholas Saputra is pretty cute🙂
Now, I’m passing this along to 15 other fab bloggers who I think are lovely (some are newly discovered, some are old friends):
- Castor @ Anomalous Material Blog
- Marc @ Go-See-Talk
- Meredith @ M. Carter @ the Movies
- Ronan @ Filmplicity
- Dan @ Top 10 Films UK
- The gal @ Addicted to Films
- Heather @ Movie Mobsters
- Aiden @ Cut The Crap Movie Reviews
- Dan Dreher @ Where the Buffalo Roam
- Univarn @ A Life in Equinox
- Andy @ Fandango Groovers
- MadHatter @ The Dark of the Matinee
- Steve @ The Film Cynics Blog
- Dezmond @ Hollywood Spy
- Darren @ The Movie Blog
Thanks again Novroz for this lovely award!