Hello all! I’m happy to announce that this coming Sunday, I’ll be hosting #MTOS for the first time! Some of you probably know and have participated in it in the past, but to those new to this fun movie event, here’s the scoop from #MTOS founder Raghav of Ticker Talks!:
Movie Talk On Sunday is an initiative to get the Twitter Film Community together at one time and one day each week to discuss various film related topics. The aim of the whole exercise, besides having fun is to find new individuals who share the same passion for films as you do and also in the process find out about different aspects about movies. You can count on finding about new movies, interesting facts, and who knows even gossip.
How Does It Work?
It really is simple. There are 10 questions. We will throw out 1 question relating to the weeks topic every 10 minutes starting at 20:00 GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) every Sunday. All the questions and subsequent answers/discussions, by you, should simply be followed by #MTOS. In your Twitter “search” you can type in #MTOS and follow what everyone is saying and henceforth answer back and take part. If you “like” someone’s answer simply Re-Tweet it like you would normally on Twitter.
In order to make #MTOS more interactive we have started asking everyone to post their blog links related to the topic of the week throughout the week with the hashtag (#MTOS) so that everyone can simply search #MTOS at any time and read interesting write-ups before the actual event that Sunday.
#MTOS is all about you. We will try and make the questions open ended with multiple answers. Let the discussions go off in a tangent if you find someone who agrees/disagrees with what you think. Just remember to #MTOS everything so someone neither one of you follow can also join in.
Important : Please, please, please avoid profanity and behave in a civilized manner.
The topic this Sunday is a timely one…
- Favorite Christmas Classic movies? i.e. Miracle on 34th Street, etc.
- What’s the WORST Christmas movie you’ve ever seen?
- Favorite character in a Christmas movie? You can also name your favorite movie Santa.
- Favorite scene from a Christmas or holiday movie?
- Funniest Christmas movie you’ve ever seen?
- What Christmas movie you always recommend?
- With the release of Arthur Christmas this month… what’s your favorite animated/non-live action Christmas movie? i.e. A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Any romance-themed Christmas movie you like? i.e The Bishop’s Wife, Love Actually, The Holiday
- Favorite action movies set around Christmas time? i.e. Die Hard, Joyeux Noel, etc.
- Lastly, what movie(s) do you traditionally watch during the Christmas season?
As #MTOS is growing and the purpose of the whole exercise is to promote the Film Community, we have started having a “Host” for each event on Sunday. If you would like to host a #MTOS please drop @raghavmodi or @askimrach a line and we will sort it out. As a host you will work with us and come up with a topic and then subsequent questions relating to the topic to post on the Sunday of your hosting. You get to blog about it in advance and it’s also a great way to get more twitter followers.
The host will be blogging each week (Tuesday) about the topic and the 10 questions in advance so that you can visit the post and be prepared come Sunday.
So folks, join us this Sunday at 20:00 GMT (2PM Central Time in the US) and join the #MTOS festivities! If you’re not on Twitter but want to share your answers to these questions, please do so in the comments section.