Nothing like getting an award to bring a ray of sunshine to my day. It has been a pretty hectic few months for me and it’s only going to be crazier the closer it gets to filming time of my short in the Spring. I haven’t got time to blog but hey it’s always fun to do these types of posts, so THANK YOU Vinnie for nominating me!
As given, every award has a set of tiny rules for accepting it, here are the ones for Sunshine:Post the award on your blogThank the person who nominated youAnswer the 11 questions they sent youPick another 11 bloggers (and let them know they are nominated!)Send them 11 questions
Questions from Vinnie:
How often would you say you spend on your blog?
Well normally I spend 5-6 hours a week blogging, but nowadays I barely have time for that.
What has blogging taught you?
It taught me to see films with a more critical eye. I also learned a ton from filmmakers/talents I’ve had the privilege to talk to over the years. I also learn from fellow bloggers from their insightful articles/reviews.
Amy Adams or Natalie Portman?
I like both but I find Amy Adams more interesting to watch.
Walks along the beach or romantic meal inside?
Walks along the beach, hands down.
Have you ever written in the nude?
What film had the biggest emotional impact on you?
Can’t name just one. Jane Austen films, esp. Sense & Sensibility, always resonates with me.
But of recent ones, Moonlight and Hidden Figures got me all emotional.
What is your fondest memory from childhood?
Memories of traveling abroad with my late mom and two brothers. She was so full of life and quite adventurous, I’ll treasure those memories forever.
Is there any scene you would love to recreate from a movie?
Interesting question as I just finished the script of my theatre-themed short film. One scene I wish I could recreate is the extraordinarily-long shot in Birdman from the stage to the dressing room done in a single take (or at least seems like it was done in one take).
Where do you see yourself in five years time?
I see myself as [hopefully] a full time screenwriter/filmmaker. I’m making my first short film this year in the hope that I can turn into a feature one day.
What film have you been meaning to watch for a long time, but just haven’t got the chance to?
Boy there are tons. But the one that comes to mind is The Big Sleep, which I was supposed to watch last year as part of The Blind Spot series.
And in the style of Stuff and That, do you think I have a nice bum?
I honestly have no clue what this question is about, sorry!
The 11 bloggers I’m nominating:
- Jordan – Epileptic Moondancer
- Margaret – Cinematic Corner
- Shivani – Critic Corner
- Brittani – Rambling Film
- Richard – CineMuse
- Chris – Music & Song Blog
- Allie – Often Off Topic
- Courtney – On The Screen Reviews
- Katy – Oh So Geeky
- Alex – Alex Raphael Blog
- Niels – Blog of Big Ideas
Wish I could nominate more but hey fellow bloggers, if this meme strikes your fancy, feel free to take part!
My 11 questions to them:
- What’s your favorite movie quote that nobody else seems to notice?
- If someone give you a $1 million dollar budget to do a film, what type of film or genre would you do?
- In relation to question 2. Which non A-lister would you cast?
- Weekend getaway: Paris, London or Rome?
- I was going to do a post on this but have no time to finish it. What’s the worst movie you saw in 2016?
- What’s one particular movie scene you recently saw that still sticks with you?
- Favorite cuisine?
- Chris Evans, Chris Pine or Chris Hemsworth?
- Name an actor/actress you’ve seen in more than 10 movies?
- See above. Name the movies.
- Name a film you wish had a sequel.
Well that was fun! If you feel inclined to answer any of the questions, feel free to leave a comment 🙂