Follow Paula G. on Twitter
Classic movie fans, check out her blog @ Detroit’s Examiner
- Collaborator of Top 15 Romantic Period Drama Heroes
- Flame & Citron Review
- Character Spotlight: Judy Greer in 13 Going On 30
- Character Spotlight: Stanley Tucci in Julie & Julia
- Lantana Review
- Character Spotlight: Peter Lorre
1. What do you love most about movies?
You can either escape or learn about yourself — sometimes both. Picasso said, “Art is the lie that tells the truth” and nothing sheds light on human nature and emotional truth better than movies. Also the best movies are complete worlds of imagination you can get lost in.
2. What’s the first movie you ever watched that left a huge impression on you?
Casablanca. My mother, aunts and grandmother all loved it. I was probably 5 or so when I first saw it and I don’t think I realized it was based in actual history. Everything looked so cool and I’ve been hooked on classic films ever since.
3. What’s your ultimate guilty pleasure flick?
Weekend at Bernie’s (You said guilty, right? LOL)
4. What are your top 5 favorite movies of all time?
I apologize, but there is no earthly way to pick only five😉 Here are ten in no particular order:
• Hairspray (1988)
• Double Indemnity
• The Big Sleep
• Sense & Sensibility (1995)
• Inglourious Basterds (2009)
• Casino Royale (2006)
• Black Narcissus
• Wings of Desire
• Swimming Pool (2003 or 1969)
• Married to the Mob
5. Who are your top 5 favorite actors/actresses?
Again, I have way too many! Here is a representative five, randomly chosen.
• Cary Grant
• Tom Hardy
• Bette Davis
• Alain Delon
• Eva Green