Those celebrating Thanksgiving today, hope it’s been lovely and lively. To those in other parts of the world, I bid you happy-almost-weekend day Well, it’s not as if you need a special day to give thanks, right? But just for the sake of being timely, I’ve been pondering about my love of movies and I’d post 25 random movie miscellanea I’m thankful for:
1. Cate Blanchett’s narration in the Lord of the Rings trilogy
2. Spanish Buzz in Toy Story 3. I’d never want to switch him back!
3. Smashing Pumpkins’ The Beginning is the End is the Beginning song in Watchmen trailer
4. 1999 Mansfield Park‘s lovely quote: “There are as many forms of love… as there are moments in time.”
5. Timothy Dalton and Alan Rickman’s silky voice and their signature inflection when they speak.
6. The amazing train station staircase scene in The Untouchables.
7. The stunning visuals of Tarsem’s The Fall.
8. Pixar movies… particularly these in my top five.
9. Gabriel Byrne’s soulful portrayal of D’Artagnan in The Man in the Iron Mask.
10. Scorching chemistry between Christian Bale and Emily Watson in Equilibrium.
Click the photo to watch the scene in a music video clip on youtube
11. Fantastic opening credits by Danny Yount (Rocknrolla, Sherlock Holmes, etc.)
12. The awesome clay-mation of Chicken Run
13. When Lizzie first meets The Stranger in a cafe in Dear Frankie … The brooding glances, the awkward silence, the husky voice… ‘Americano. Strong.’ YUM!
14. The haunting music of Somewhere in Time.
15. John Williams’ scores… too many to name just a few!
16. The final redemption scene of Ben Hur.
17. Disney Princesses and their gorgeous, indelible songs… particularly this one
18. Michael Keaton’s hilarious performance playing four different characters in Multiplicity.
19. My Favorite Things scene in The Sound of Music.
20. Stan Lee’s cameos in various Marvel movies.
21. Audrey Hepburn’s breathtaking beauty in practically every film I’ve seen her in.
22. Since today’s his birthday… Dougray Scott’s dashing portrayal of a fairy tale prince in Ever After. Happy Birthday Mr. Scott!
23. Harrison Ford and Sean Connery’s fun rapport in Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade.
24. Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride for his awesome name and indelible declaration: “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”
25. The cinematography of Terrence Malick’s films (Days of Heaven, The New World).
Let me also take the time to thank you all for reading and commenting on FlixChatter. Do keep ‘em coming
Now, what are you thankful for this holiday season?