To all my friends celebrating Thanksgiving today… I hope that you’re all enjoying yourselves, whether it’s time spent together with family/friends or just chillin’ with your loved ones (like my hubby and I). It’s nice to be able to sleep in today and going to dinner/movies later today. To those in other parts of the world, I bid you happy-almost-weekend day 🙂
This has been quite a tumultuous year to say the least… but I always try to focus on the positive side of things. As this is a film blog, I thought I’d take the time to express my gratitude for blogging/cinematic-related things I’ve been blessed with this year… so naturally I have to start with…
2. Living in a city with not one but TWO robust film festivals… TCFF and MSPIFF!
3. Being a part of TCFF staff as the official blogger, which allows me to meet wonderful filmmakers and talents.
4. Discovering indie gems at film festivals (esp. Blood Stripe and Moonlight at TCFF, and Beeba Boys and The Fencer at MSPIFF)
6. Discovering awesome new actors I’d love to see more of (I’ll be blogging separately on this later next month), special shout out to Kate Nowlin & Dominic Rains!
— FlixChatter (@FlixChatter) November 1, 2016
7. Getting an interview with the composer of Age of Adaline, Rob Simonsen, one of my favorite soundtracks I recently discovered.
8. The breathtaking New Zealand scenery in one of my fave films of the year, Hunt For the Wilderpeople.
9. The amazing trifecta performance from the actors portraying Chiron in Moonlight
10. Wonderful classic films like Casablanca, which I rewatched on Thanksgiving eve.
11. Female filmmakers in Hollywood & beyond… here’s hoping to see even more of them in years to come!
12. Amy Adams’ performance in Arrival
13. Sam Riley‘s wonderfully-amusing performance as
Mr Colonel Darcy in Pride + Prejudice + Zombies
14. Aneurin Barnard‘s soulful performance as Richard III in The White Queen miniseries (that spurred my obsession on the last Plantagenet King.
15. The delightful Love & Friendship & discovering the droll Tom Bennett as the scene-stealing Sir James Martin.
16. Awesome Marvel series on Netflix: Daredevil + Jessica Jones (hoping to catch Luke Cage soon!)
17. The Wonder Woman trailer… which I’m feverishly anticipating to see come Summer 2017!
18. The fun cast of The Magnificent Seven remake
19. The wonderful, music of Sing Street… a love letter to the 80s and the power of music.
20. Viggo Mortensen‘s bravura performance in Captain Fantastic.
21. The arresting beauty of Jeff Nichols’ film LOVING, and the affecting performances of Ruth Negga + Joel Edgerton.
22. The wonderfully uplifting Queen Of Katwe, featuring wonderful performances of Lupita Nyong’O + David Oyelowo.
23. The originality and thought-provoking concept of The Lobster
24. Last but not least… I’m thankful that I finished my script this year… plus having the opportunity to do a script reading later in January! 🙂
What are some of the things you are THANKFUL FOR this year?