TCFF’s Encore Series:
Things I Don’t Understand
Wednesday, May 8th – 7:00-9pm
Theatres at Mall of America
Q&A with director David Spaltro following the film.
For more info, check out the TCFF page.
Starring Minnesotan Molly Ryman as Violet Kubelick, she’s a brilliant young grad student studying near-death experiences, who is now withdrawn and closed-off after a mysterious, failed suicide attempt. She and her two artist-roommates are forced by financial matters to finally step out of the protective bubble they’ve created for themselves in their Brooklyn loft while Violet herself forms a cathartic relationship with a young, terminally ill girl in a hospice she is interviewing for her thesis and the damaged bartender who lives downstairs. A story of changing, relationships, love, life and what comes after we die.
Check out the trailer below. If you live in the area, I encourage you to take this opportunity to see this wonderful indie film and witness Ryman’s excellent performance.
- TCFF Day 1: Preview Night of A Place At The Table
- TCFF Day 2: Reviews of The Sapphires & The Eyes of Thailand
and It’s A Disaster & Bro
- TCFF Day 3: Reviews of Quartet and We Are Wisconsin
- TCFF Day 4: Review of Minnesota Feature Finding Home
- TCFF Day 5: Review of The Sessions
- TCFF Day 6: Review of Nobody Walks
- TCFF Day 7: Review of Silver Linings Playbook
- Interview with Things I Don’t Understand’s director David Spaltro
- TCFF Recaps: Part I and Part II (Top 5 Favorite TCFF Films!)
Counting Down to TCFF:
- Question One Documentary
- Bikes Over Baghdad Special Screening
- Ruby Sparks Advanced Screening + Q&A with filmmaker/cast
- TCFF Full Line-up
Highlights from 2011:
Twin Cities Film Fest is celebrating the summer with a block party at The Shops at WestEnd on July 16. Join us for this FREE event featuring live music, fashion and art. Visit the TCFF Official page for details.
- Opening and Closing Night Films
- The Full lineup is here! Check out what’s showing at TCFF this year
- Counting Down to TCFF 2011
- Five buzz-worthy documentaries
- TCFF Day 1: The Bully Project
- TCFF Day 2: 50/50 Mini Review | Interview with Steve Snyder
- TCFF Day 3: Tom Sizemore & White Knight review
Highlights from 2010:
This will be the dedicated page for all blog posts/info related to the Twin Cities Film Fest.
- Check out the introduction post
- Counting down to TCFF – Interview with director Jatin Setia
- Five buzz-worthy documentaries you can’t miss
- Counting down to TCFF: Watch the films, meet the filmmakers
- TCFF kicks off: Five Films I’d like to see
- TCFF Day 1: Waiting for Superman Premiere
- TCFF Day 2: Nowhere Boy Review
- TCFF Day 3: Another based-on-a-true-story Conviction
- TCFF Day 4: Secretariat, Flourtown, Nature of Existence
- TCFF Day 5: Fair Game concluded the 5-day event
View the line-up of films premiering at the 5-day event.