11 things about myself:
- I originally wanted to be a journalist, that was initially my major in college (Mass Communication with emphasis in journalism). But after taking a few classes, I decided that I’m more suited to graphic design and so I switched. In hindsight, I think that’s a good decision.
- Most people who followed this blog from the start might already knew this, but I originally did this blog because I was constantly emailing my friends and colleagues about my mini review of movies. Some of my co-workers said I might as well start a blog and so one day, whilst designing a blog for a client, I started a WordPress blog myself as a test and FlixChatter was born.
- My favorite cuisine (aside from Indonesian of course) is Thai. I’d have Thai food several times a week if I could.
- I used to LOVE 80s heavy metal bands like Guns ‘N Roses, Warrant, Skid Row, Poison, as well as the Swedish rockband Europe, which my hubby’s a huge fan of as well. To this day, I still listen to ’em from time to time.
- I used to create romantic *graphic novel* in Junior High, which basically were simple black/white pencil-drawn stories with talk bubbles. I think I might’ve made a half dozen of them that would amongst my class mates. It was mostly out of boredom, and I’d often be sent to detention for my drawing hobby ;)
- I took French with one of my best friends in High School but we only managed to finish a couple of classes before promptly giving up. It was just too difficult for our tongues, far more difficult than English and even German, which was part of our High School curriculum. I wish I hadn’t given up so quickly, as it’d have come in handy in watching Stanley Weber’s French movies without English subtitles :(
- My taste in music is pretty old fashioned. I basically listen to two genres regularly: classical and soundtrack. I’m also a big fan of Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman. Ocassionaly I listen to contemporary music, currently I’ve been obsessed with Emeli Sandé. I don’t usually like going to concerts but I’d definitely go see her if she comes to town!
- I’m not proud to admit this but I was a huge fan of New Kids of the Block when I was 14/15. My room was practically a NKOTB *museum* filled with paraphenaphilia and posters that covered every inch of my room wall. But by the time I saw them in concert, my interest had already waned. In fact, they sort of put my enthusiasm for boy bands for good. I never ever like boy bands ever again since then.
- I used to have many pets growing up, both cats and dogs. One of my favorites is a Pekingese dog named Floppy which was given from one of my late mom’s friends who was a Catholic nun. But since I moved to the US I never adopted a pet, but maybe we will in the future.
- Both my hubby and I are Indonesian, and we actually went to the same Jr High. But we didn’t meet until college, thousands of miles away from our home. I never thought I’d marry an Asian guy once I go to the US for school, let alone someone from my own country. But I wouldn’t want it any other way.
- I LOVE social media, especially blogging (natch!) and Twitter, but I can’t stand Facebook. I only have a FB account for my blog and I’m rarely on there. I’ve recently taken up Instagram (thanks partly to my French crush Stanley) and been enjoying it so far.
What is the most fun you’ve ever had in a movie theatre? What movie were you watching?
I already answered this on Jay’s blog: One of the most fun I had at the theater was when I saw Pacific Rim on IMAX a while back, that movie was so darn entertaining and it looked great on those huge screens.
I also enjoyed watching The Dark Knight Rises and Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation on IMAX, there’s nothing more immersive than watching great action movies in those huge, enveloping screen!
Now the easy part… the nominations!
Well it seems that everyone’s been nominated already, but I’ll do it anyway and you can choose to participate or not, it’s entirely up to you.
- Cindy @ Cindy Bruchman’s Blog
- Margaret @ Cinematic Corner
- Jordan @ Epileptic Moondancer
- Tom @ Digital Shortbread
- Steven @ Surrender to the Void
- Alex @ Alex Raphael Blog
- Abbi @ Abbi Osbiston Blog
- Natalie @ Writer Loves Movies
- Andina @ Inspired Ground
- Mark @ Three Rows Back
- Rodney @ Fernby Films
Should you take part in this Liebster Award meme, please answer these 11 questions*:
- Have you ever made a fanfic? If so, what is it about?
- What’s your favorite dish/desert to make?
- Who’s your favorite movie actor who’s currently starring in a TV show?
- If you can only listen to ONE film soundtrack for a whole month, what would it be?
- What musical instrument do you play (or wish you could play)?
- Name one film you initially love but eventually grow to dislike?
- Favorite quote you find inspiring?
- Which is your favorite movie writer [could be a journalist, novelist, etc.]?
- Has your cinematic crush ever inspire you to do something you otherwise wouldn’t even consider?
- Favorite outfit/costume from a movie?
- What’s your latest cinematic/music obsession?
*I’m cheating a bit and use a few questions I asked in my last Liebster post, but since I’m tagging new people, I figure that’s ok :P
Sorry for the super long post! Thanks for reading everyone, now you know a little bit more about yours truly :D