Good riddance January!! Boy it’s truly THE coldest month I’ve had in my 20+ years living in MN, though December 2013 is not any warmer at all either! On Groundhog day yesterday, Groundhog Phil saw his shadow in the small town of Punxsutawney, Pa. so I guess we have six more weeks to contend with of this dreadful Winter. Heh, I don’t mind so much if we could do away with the crazy subzero temps.
In any case, time for the recap.
I’ve had 23 posts so far this month, some of which are guest posts from my awesome collaborators. Thanks Ted, Jack aka Kevin, Conor, Sarah and Dave W!
Here are some posts you might’ve missed:
- Five for the Fifth – 1st Edition of 2014
- Five new-to-me actors I’d love to see more of – based on 2013 viewings
- Elysium, Her & The Nature of Science Fiction
- 6 Most Excruciating Films To Sit Through
- Music Break: Inside Llewyn Davis
Award Season Coverage:
New Films Watched:
- Hunt vs. Lauda Documentary (2013)
- Contact (1997)
- National Geographic Beyond the Movie: Lord of the Rings (2001)
- The Way, Way Back (2012)
- It Happened One Night (Blind Spot)
- Three Days of the Condor (1975)
- Jack Ryan: The Shadow Recruit (2013)
- Man of the House (2005)
- Jane Austen Regrets (TV Movie 2008)
- BBC Sense & Sensibility (2008)
- Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
I’ve been um, preoccupied by Richard Armitage [yes I know, that’s putting it mildly] so I’ve been catching up on some BBC Robin Hood solely for Sir Guy of Gisborne ;)
Yes I realize it’s a pretty s-l-o-w start in 2014 in terms of movie-watching. I only went to one advanced screening which was the new Jack Ryan movie, but hey, looking ahead to February, it’s already a pretty darn good start as I saw The Lego Movie and also saw Cate Blanchett’s phenomenal performance in Blue Jasmine this weekend.
I’ve got three screenings scheduled for the next two weeks: The Monuments Men on Wednesday and Winter’s Tale next Monday. As the Robocop remake is scheduled the same day as Winter’s Tale, Ted will be seeing that one in my place.
Favorite Movie Seen in January 2014:
Glad I finally saw this classic Capra rom-com (view my full review). It’s easily my favorite viewing of January, so that’s definitely a fabulous choice for my BlindSpot list! Not sure which one I’ll watch next, perhaps a Jimmy Stewart film as I’ve been wanting to see more of his films for ages.
So, what movies did you get to see in January and which one is your favorite?