Last day of the month already and I must say I’m glad January is over. It’s been one of the coldest Winter months yet with up to a week (maybe more) of subzero temps! I hope only one more month left of this brutal frigid weather.
As is customary for the beginning of the year where people make their new year resolutions, the gym I go to has been so much busier and the classes are more packed than usual. Now I wish my blog hits has the same effect, but I find that FC’s been getting a significantly less traffic in January. I don’t know why that is as my blogging pattern (5 days a week) and commenting frequency across the blogosphere remains relatively the same as it’s always been. Am I the only one experimenting this? Or maybe I should start something new? Perhaps some of you could share how your blog traffic has been like in January?
In any case, I’ve had 22 posts so far this month, 23 including this one. Here are some of the posts and reviews you might’ve missed:
- Movies I saw in the first week of 2013
- Oscars 2013 Nominations: The Good, The Bad and The WTF
- My Goodbye Letter to Gerry Butler
- 10 Most-Anticipated Movies from January – June
- Five new-to-me actors I’d love to see more of – based on 2012 viewings
- Classic Flix Spotlight: Steve McQueen – Acting vs Reacting
- Musings on the case of Great trailers, bad films & Bad trailers, great films
- Top Five Arnold Schwarzenegger Roles – List & Poll
I also introduced a new monthly series… Traveling Through Cinema… starting with In Bruges! I might venture to Italy for the next one
It’s been a pretty good mix of new releases and older movies, though I only managed to see one classic movie this month, for shame!
Movies I haven’t seen before:
- Gangster Squad
- Zero Dark Thirty
- Life of Pi
- The Last Stand
- Safety Not Guaranteed
- The Shop Around the Corner
- The Wings of the Dove
- Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007
- BBC’s EMMA (2009)
- Side Effects (review coming next week)
- Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade
- The Living Daylights
- The IT Crowd
So 14 movies in January. That’s not a bad month for me considering I usually only had time for about 10 or so a month and January is kind of the dumping ground for movies anyway. Hopefully I get to see more in Spring, though there’s no movie I’m anticipating in February and the only planned screening I’ll be going to next week is A Good Day To Die Hard.
Favorite Movie Seen in January:
I know some of you aren’t surprised considering I’m a James Bond aficionado But seriously, this is one of the most insightful and entertaining documentaries ever. I highly recommend this for anyone who likes documentaries and an intriguing story, regardless of how you feel about 007. Of course if you are even slightly into the franchise, this is absolutely essential viewing!
So, what movies did you get to see in January and which one is your favorite?